In order to create a MySQL Database you will want to make sure you log into your web hosting control panel.
- Upon login, locate the section labeled Your Active Products/Services(highlighted in image below). Click on the service, not the actual domain name, and it will launch the next page.
- Scroll down to the Quick Shortcuts section. Click on the MySQL Databases under the Manage Account section. See image below.
- This will launch a second tab and you should see MySQL Users. You will need to type in a Username and password to create the user. You can use the Password Generator to create a secure password if needed. See the image below.
- On the next page, you should see a success message. Select Go Back.
- The page should have a section titled “Add User To Database” with a drop down menu. Under User select the user you want to add and then under Database select the database you wish to add this user to. See the image below.
- The next screen is the “Manage User Privileges” menu. On the very top select “All Privileges”. Once this is done select the “Make Changes” button.
- Once this is done you should see a success message in green in the upper right corner of your screen. This means you have successfully added the user to the database.